Maureen Ciaccio, Graphic and Web Design
I’m a graphic artist and web designer located in Marlborough, MA. I freelance for design studios and independent businesses, large or small. You can check out my experience here, then send me an email or give me a ring. I would be happy to meet with you by phone or in person to talk about your graphic design or web project.
For Independent Businesses
You may have a simple, one-time goal or you may need ongoing periodic design help. From logos and illustrations to office collateral and WordPress websites, I love to find solutions that fit your specific needs.
For Design Studios
I am the well-rounded designer you hire who has great design sense but also sweats the details, can bend to meet new challenges and loves to learn new things. Great at collaboration and being a team player.
What I Do
I design for both print and web media including branding, marketing material, communications, vector illustration and Photoshop renderings. I also design and build responsive websites with simplicity, usability, accessibility and search engines in mind. Here are some details about the range of work I do.
- Visual design for communication using typography, layout, color and images.
- Logos, illustrations, icons, infographics, patterns and backgrounds.
- Photo retouching and compositing (combining images).
In Plain Language:
- Design and set up your WordPress website with pages and a blog, customize the look of the theme to your brand including layout, photos and backgrounds. Make it user friendly for large screens, phones and tablets. Guide you in making it search engine friendly. Provide WordPress training and maintenance.
- Design for responsive websites, user experience, accessibility and search engines.
- Design pages using HTML and CSS.
- Create WordPress child themes with custom CSS and page templates.
- Install and customize plugins to add functionality.
- Set up or provide hosting and ongoing web maintenance.
In Plain Language:
- Build your print files correctly for best quality printing.
- Work with your printer or help you find one.
- Get quotes for paper and print options.
- Help you understand possible choices.
- Layout and typography in line with your branding and specifications.
- Use of best practices for color, typography and file preparation for print.
- Prepare files for digital or offset printing using Adobe CC InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.
- Photo edits and color correction for best print quality.
- Use styles and queries to create documents with many pages efficiently.
Programs and Languages
Here is a snapshot of my range of technical knowledge. The longest bars are the tools I use the most and know the best. For example, I have in-depth knowledge of InDesign but only know the basics about using Excel.
I am passionate about my work. But when I am not buried in a project or learning new skills, here are some things I enjoy.
My dog. And pretty much all dogs in the neighborhood and dogs I encounter while walking anywhere. They make me smile.
I also love trees. I like looking at their branching structures and drawing them using messy charcoal or my iPad.
I make sculpture with paper, wire and other materials. It is made of many lightweight pieces that connect to form wall-size or room-size art.